Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Fruit

The produce in the Central Valley, where I grew up, is top notch. I always compare any fruit/veggies in the grocery store to what I could get in the valley. We have a great little Farmer's Market on Sundays in the Inner Sunset in San Francisco, which surprised me at first. How could this produce possibly be as good as in the valley? Well, it totally is. We get peaches, cherries, blueberries, zucchini, tomatoes, whatever is in season. Plus, there's fresh bread, hummus, flowers and even homemade raviolis. There's a gal who makes her own pop tarts and oreo cookies, which is brilliant for the nostalgia factor. Junior and I grab our reusable bags, walk the few blocks to the market, pick up some coffee and leisurely peruse the freshest of the fresh food. It's heaven.

So, I guess it's no surprise that I like making blankets with fruit prints.






No comments:

Post a Comment