Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Let them eat cake this summer

We have a lot of parties at my mom's house...birthdays, big holidays like Fourth of July, Easter, Halloween, really any reason to stuff our face with food. When you host a lot of parties, you have to keep up-ing your game. Regular cupcakes and cakes won't cut it. But let me be clear...I am not a cake decorator. I'm crafty, but I'm also lazy. I look for designs online that are easy to replicate, use boxed cake mix and hope for the best. I do usually make my own buttercream frosting, though, and that seems to amp up the wow factor. If it's hot outside, I keep the cupcakes in the fridge and pull them out right before serving. It's extra refreshing to bite into a moist, cold cupcake. Here are some of my summer treats. I hope they inspire you to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new.

"Hamburger and fries"

Yellow cupcakes, brownie "burger", food color frosting condiments

This is pound cake cut into strips. Serve with red frosting "ketchup" on the side for dipping



I love that his eye is a marshmallow and chocolate M&M

Decorated sugar cookies on cupcakes: 2 for 1 dessert


Corn on the cob cupcakes

The pat of "butter" is a yellow Starburst candy


Cooper likes music

Spencer likes the ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment